Recently, the Açaí berry has become all the rage with celebrities and health experts alike. Thanks to endorsement from Oprah Winfrey, it is now known as the number one superfood in the world.
Indigenous to the Amazon rainforest, the Açaí, despite the recent surge in demand, is still somewhat allusive to the every-man. The good news is, Agrolabs has recently launched Naturally Acai Xtra to bring the benefits of the Amazon directly to the consumer.
Agrolabs Naturally Acai Xtra is loaded with the natural properties of the Açaí berry to promote energy, healthy digestion, cholesterol management, a strong immune system, and even a healthy, youthful complexion.
BUY IT : Pick up a bottle today to receive all the benefits of this illustrious superfood. Naturally Açaí Xtra is available at Costco for $18.99 (16 oz) or $23.99 (32 oz), and AgroLabs recommends one ounce per day to better health.
WIN IT : Thanks to www.agrolabs.com, THREE lucky readers will win two 16oz Naturally Acai Xtra bottle each. Here’s how to enter this giveaway:
How to Be a Geek Goddess
By Christina Tynan-Wood
December 2008, 344 pp
ISBN 9781593271879, $24.95 USD
If you are a woman who feel that you are technically challenged, this is a book that you MUST READ simply because it is written by a woman in simple, easy to understand, everyday language that we, women communicate with. None of those confusing acronyms (Thank God!) and technical jargons which makes you roll your eyes and wonder “What the heck is that?”
Mind you, the author, Christina Tynan- Wood is also one knowlegeable chick in the field of Technology. She has published hundreds of articles on technology, parenting, and education in her 15 years as a working writer. Christina has written for Family Circle, Parenting, This Old House, USA Weekend, Edutopia, Working Mother, Scholastic Administrator, Family PC, and Popular Science and has contributed regular columns to both PC World and PC Magazine. She has also won multiple awards for business and investigative journalism. You can visit her at www.geekgirlfriends.com (Yes! She’s a blogger too!!!)
My Take On The Book
I find How To Be A Geek Goddess witty, easy to understand, with some tinge of humour added. I especially enjoyed the foreword written by Christina’s other half, Dan Tynan. I thought that was a pretty smart “special touch” which would probably garner some interest from male readers. I am confident that those new to the world of computers will find this book to be a comprehensive guide. There are practical advice on buying computers, shopping for a cell phone, information regarding the world of internet (including blogging) and more.
My only dissatisfaction is in the presentation of the book – I thought the cover was boring! Being a woman, I wished it was more colourful and attractive looking – afterall, we do not want to stereotype technology books too, do we?
WIN A COPY!
To enter yourself in this Blog Giveaway for a copy of How To Be A Geek Goddess, here’s the requirements:
I’m sure many of you out there have included “losing weight” as one of your New Year Resolution Well, if you’re like me, you’ll agree that it is one of the hardest one to keep. That’s probably why we have it on our New Year goal year after year. LOL.
Well, I’ve just discovered a new visual weight loss tool called Weight View which may be useful to kick start your weight loss challenge. WeightView.com is a FREE digital weight loss tool that allows users to see what they would look like at their target weight. You upload a photo of yourself, specify how much weight you’d like to lose, and WeightView sends you back an image of yourself at your target weight. What I love about this is the fact that dieters can see themselves thinner, which can provide the motivation needed to sustain a weight-loss goal… oh the things we do for motivation. Users are printing out the images and hanging them on their refrigerators, downloading as screensavers, etc. I’ve included some images for you all to see:
WeightView has over 100,000 users and is currently the #1 Facebook application under “weight loss”. If you asked me, I’m definitely trying it out. Afterall, it’s FREE and may just be the motivational tool that I need!
Congratulations to this lucky reader :
Cori Westphal who won $125 worth of Young Essential Skincare Package
with her entry….
And I’m fairly new to the Stumble community but I (hope) stumbled the post.
Please email me your shipping address by using the Contact Form here. If the prizes remain unclaimed by 31st December 2008, they will be forfeited.
Thank you to everyone who participated.
Do we really need to keep up with the fashion trend when it is freezing cold ? I don’t know about you but I would love to pile on as many tops, sweaters or north face jackets as possible just to keep warm, without worrying whether they are fashionable enough for this season
However, I know fashionistas can never resist the need to look good. So, I’m going to list a few accessories to help you stay on top of the fashion for this holiday.
1. Louis Vuitton’s Damier Neverfull – My current favourite at this point in time. Timeless, yet resolutely modern, these bags are great for traveling and shopping. The size of the bags can also be adjusted using the two side straps.
2. May Boot from Tory Burch’s collection – Stretch Mestico and veg tan leather boot with front zip closure and logo pull. Rubber platform sole. 4″ heel with gold accent.
3. Margaret Jacket – Available exclusively on Toryburch.com and in Tory Burch boutiques, the Margaret Jacket is featured in Medium Navy/Ivory Tweed. Pair this chic jacket with a turtleneck and the Abbigail skirt for the complete look.
4. Coach Resort Leather Shoulder Tote – Another one of my favourite line of handbags. Look pretty in pink with this simple drawstring bag.
5. Juicy Couture ‘Holiday Themed’ Charm Bracelet – Isn’t this the loveliest bracelet you’ve seen this holiday? This cute winter-themed charms comes detailed with crystals and smooth enamel dangle from an open-link bracelet.
6. MARC BY MARC JACOBS ‘Miss Marc’ Medium Hoop Earrings – It’s no secret that I prefer simple accessories. What makes this a little unique is there’s a logo-embossed ball which lends modern definition to the end of a handcrafted simple hoop earring.
7. Nordstrom Cashmere-Lined Leather Gloves – Leather from Italy makes indulgent gloves extra supple on the outside. The cashmere lining makes them heavenly soft on the inside.
8. Tasha Skinny Headband with Vintage Stones – Beautiful turquoise stones accent the vintage-inspired charms on a skinny satin headband.
9. Juicy Couture Graffiti Beanie – I so love this one. Cheeky phrases pattern an easy-fitting beanie which comes in 3 colours.
10. Emilio Pucci ‘Nelion Weel’ Cape with Fringe – If you’re on a budget, this one might be a little pricey but I could not resist the gorgeous painterly design colors. This eye-catching cape comes detailed with long fringe, while a hint of cashmere provides for ultrasoft wear.
I’m so excited to partner with another skincare company to bring you ladies some more great products to help you look divalicious this coming holidays!
Young Essential Skincare or Y.E.S for short is founded by entrepreneur Linda Eastwood, Founder & CEO of Y.E.S., Inc. Together with a group of leading chemists, they created the exclusive formulas for Y.E.S. Young Essential Skincare®
Y.E.S. products dramatically increases the moisture, elasticity and firmness with their exclusive CP24 Complex®. This proprietary complex works synergistically with active components for optimal results; these exclusive formulas will alleviate even the most frustrating skin concerns working together to enhance the beauty of your skin. The unique formulas will protect against free radical damage, the main cause of aging and sagging skin.
WIN $125 worth of Young Essential Skincare Package!
Here’s what we are giving away:
1. Y.E.S. Rejuvenating Moisture Cream (for all skin types) with CP24-Complex™ is the most advanced age-defying treatment that instantly goes to work stimulating new cell production, bringing new younger cells to the surface. The rapid absorption makes it perfect for all skin types, never greasy; the cream/gel like consistency makes it extremely hydrating, leaving the surface velvety smooth. Cost: $55.00
2. Y.E.S. Anti-Aging Serum (for all skin types). Serums have been recognized as the most efficient vehicles to deliver ingredients with therapeutic effects. This delivery system addresses your immediate skin concerns from wrinkles, scars and dullness to age spots, acne and sensitivities. Cost: $60.00
3. Y.E.S. Rejuvenating Eye Patches® are a high performance multi-action treatment for today’s woman on-the-go. Y.E.S. Rejuvenating Eye Patches contain biologically active ingredients that alleviate puffiness, dark circles, fine lines and wrinkles in record time. They are specifically designed to treat the under eye area, actually vanishing wrinkles right before your eyes. The Rejuvenating Eye Patches consist of a patented delivery system with highly effective ingredient, Chitosan that is derived from a bio-marine origin and prized for its moisture retaining effects along with collagen and Vitamin C. Retail Cost: $20.00 2 Pair/Pack.
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN ENTER & WIN:
Congratulations to this lucky gal:
Heather C. who said…..
Well, this is exactly what I need right now. My hair is stinking lately, because the water around here isn’t giving it a chance to breathe. Maybe if it had stronger roots, all would be well. Cross-fingers!
My face? I think the DermaScyne2 anti-aging product is going to find a red-carpet rolled out for it here. My wrinkles are hollering ‘good luck’ to me right now.
You’ve won yourself a box of Viviscal Maximum Strength hair vitamins and AminoGenesis DermaScyne2.
Please email me your shipping address by using the Contact Form here. If the prizes remain unclaimed by 12th December 2008, they will be forfeited.
Thank you to everyone who participated.
With Christmas coming up in a few weeks, everyone is preparing to look their best for this holiday gathering. However, as the economy continues its downward spiral, many of America’s most beauty-obsessed women are forced to alter their shopping habits. Women are now more conscious of what beauty products can do for them and the savvier shopper will select products that deliver compelling results .
To ease the your spending budget, I am giving away two beauty products to one lucky US readers:
Viviscal Maximum Strength (www.Viviscalhair.com) – Viviscal hair vitamins are a combination of vitamin C, silica compounds, and a highly concentrated marine protein, AminoMar C, the brainchild of Dr. Allan Lassus of the University of Helsinki improves hair from the root. AminoMar C has been shown to nourish the hair follicle, strengthen and encourage the growth of existing hair and promote the growth of weaker, less visible hairs. It is well known that basic amino acids, fats and vitamins are essential for the growth of healthy hair and that undernourishment slows the growth rate of hair, eventually leading to hair thinning and then actually falling out. Viviscal addresses the hair’s needs from the inside out. It has long been standard to treat lackluster – or even thinning – hair topically with shampoos or styling products and almost always with disappointing results. Viviscal introduces to the playing field the first nutritional supplement that promises, and delivers, better hair.
AminoGenesis DermaScyne2 (www.AminoGenesis.com) – AminoGenesis’ range of products is founded on the understanding that each and every person’s skin functions at its best when properly nourished and hydrated. Whether the problem is dry skin, oily skin, acne, discoloration, or anything else, according to AminoGenesis, a lack of vital proteins is to blame. When proteins, such as collagen and elastin among many others, break down due to aging or skin damage they must be replaced or repaired for skin to maintain a healthy, attractive appearance. DermaScyne2 Intense Daily Serum is the only anti-aging compound that directly delivers 25 key biological building blocks to the skin. Instead of sealing off the skin to prevent loss of moisture, it is absorbed by the skin to improve overall hydration. All AminoGenesis products, including DermaScyne2, have a controlled viscosity which becomes less and less so as force is applied, additionally the electro static properties are compatible with the skin’s natural electro static charge. Finally, DermaScyne2 boasts molecules that are small enough in size and weight to penetrate the skin’s barrier layer.
WIN THEM – Here are the requirements:
Did you know that seven in ten girls believe they are not good enough or do not measure up in some way, including their looks, performance in school and relationships with friends and family members? Therefore, The Dove Self-Esteem Fund (DSEF) was established as an agent of change to inspire and educate girls and young women about a wider definition of beauty. Though this initiative has reached almost 2 million lives, the goal is to spread the message to 10 million people by Year 2010. The Campaign For Real Beauty is still continuing with its quest for people to help free themselves as well as the next generation from beauty stereotypes.
For this phase of campaign, everyone can help to promote this cause by downloading these free self-esteem building tools for girls, moms and mentors: